- Tell your customer’s story
People remember stories.
Use the classic story model:
- The hero → The user
- The villain → Their problem
- Setup → Conflict → Resolution
Your story? Helping the hero slay the villain.
- Keep it short and concise
Leave out unneeded details.
Know your audience and their goals.
Answer domain specific questions at the end.
Tip: Add an FAQ part at the end.
- Use visuals
People prefer pictures.
Pictures convey more than text.
Assume no one wants to read.
- Use analogies
Analogies break down hard concepts. Use them often.
- (Bonus) Address F.U.D. early
Point out any fear, uncertainty, and doubt.
Address them in the presentation.
You’ll win the audience over.