How Blake Uses Twitter
Stolen from: source
- Build in public: share updates about life, things you read and learn, what’s working and also what’s not working in public
- All content creation is self-promotion: try to establish yourself as an expert in the field by creation HQ contents
- Embrace momentum and be prolific: create HQ threds every day for weeks, and that’s that took Blake from 20k to 35k+
- Prefer threads over single tweets: because threads are becoming increasingly popular and drive a lot of followers
Grab content ideas from everywhere.
- use tools like ilo.so to sort tweets by impression and engagements and repurpose the most successful ones into threads
- recycle your content because a piece that performed better at times, can drive more followers, again.
How to identify great thread ideas?
Look for thread ideas that
- encourages people to converse
- answer 1 specific question
- are relatable
Also, here are some more ideas to make your threads reach more people:
- do not make it like a blog post
- set a simple pre-format and use the same all the time
- add appealing visuals
- optimize CTA for retweets
- make people ask for your product, do not just post the links
- use GIFs as CTA
- engage with everyone